Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simon Says......Happy Mail!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

It's Wednesday and it's time for our Simon Says Stamp challenge for this week!    Our theme is Happy Mail, and by that we mean "just because" cards or something to make someone happy, not a specific occasion, like a birthday or anniversary.  We are playing with Technique Tuesday products this week, and you don't have to use them, but if you have some, please share them with us!   The Technique Tuesday set called Bring on the Sun, by Ali Edwards has been on my wishlist for a long time, so I was so pleased to have an excuse to get it.  I really love the sentiments on it, and made 2 cards today:


For this first one, I started with a sticky-back canvas ATC and using mustard seed and spiced marmalade inks, I stamped a little Hero Arts flower all over it repeatedly until the white background was covered.   I like the texture this canvas gives to my card - hope you can see it in my picture.  I framed it in black and cut out 2 more panels of a BoBunny dot, using the dotted side and the reverse solid.  On one of them I stamped and heat embossed this sentiment, then framed these panels also in black.  To finish I added a fussy-cut stamped sun centered with a button tied with twine.


For this 2nd card, I started with a card base of Hero Arts Daffodil layering paper and stamped another of the sentiments, also clear embossing it.  Then I die-cut the stems from Simon's Fresh Daisies and some daisy flowers and centers and attached them beside my sentiment.

I hope my cards have brought a little sunshine to you today - thanks for visiting!  Be sure to visit the Simon Says Stamp blog to see what my team-mates and our May Guest Designer Annette made this week!

Our generous Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher to the random winner of this challenge!


What would you get at the Simon Says Stamp superstore?

20 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Very happy spring cards Lin!

Barb said...

I love how you used the canvas ATC on your first card, Lin! Beautiful design! And your second card is delightful! Love how happy those white daisies look - nicely done!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous sunshiny cards Lin :-) both of them are lovely and I love how you used the canvas too , very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous card Lin.. so full of spring..

Jackie said...

That is a nice set. I love the background on the first one - very pretty!

judkajudi said...

Lin, I love your sunshiney cards! Spring is such a great time of the year; a reward for enduring winter!! Hugs.

Heather said...

They are both fabulous Lin, I love your stunning canvas and those two little daisies are beautiful - so elegant!!

hugs
Heather xx

Cathy said...

Love both of your cards Lin, the colours and texture in the first one are gorgeous. I love that you used another flower on top of the fresh daisies die, what a great idea :) Cathy x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Not one but TWO fantastic cards, Lin!! I love the incorporation of the color yellow with both cards :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Unknown said...

You make beautiful cards Lin. I love the warm colors especially since we are getting snow again in Minnesota. Keep those warm sunny colored cards a coming. Just love them.

MarcyK924 said...

OH, do I love these cards, Lin! HINT - keep them handy for my scramble on Saturday if you can make it!!! shhhh!!!

Cindy C. said...

Such bright and happy cards Lin!! I especially like the 2nd one!

debby4000 said...

Love both your sunshine cards.
luv
Debby

Virginia L. said...

Love these happy cards!! You have used these lovely sentiments so fabulously!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards Lin!! They both make me happy!!

hugs...

Helen F. said...

Great use of the canvas ATC on your card, Lin! Such a 'bright' design! Your second card captured the simple beauty of white daisies :)

keeleykats said...

Definitely happy mail! So bright and sunshiny! Thanks for sharing!

maria f. said...

The canvas on #1 is scrumptious... but #2 is a total CAS beauty. Those daisies evoke pure happiness! And what a wonderful sentiment.

Cathy A said...

Love this summery design

Kim Hamilton said...

These are just beautiful Lin, just saw them at the Simon Says Stamp blog. Love them!