Saturday, May 4, 2013

Yellow Roses for Mom

Still playing with the May CardKit from Simon Says Stamp.  Since my previous 2 cards used lots of the papers from the kit, I thought I'd make a card that used no papers and all stamps.


I've been wanting some roses like these; they're a big part of why I wanted to own this kit.  Did you see what Jennifer McGuire did with them?  Swoon!  I'm a yellow rose girl, so that's how I colored these, sponging on mustard seed distress ink and then highlighting them with a spun sugar distress marker, to simulate Peace roses, which are my absolute favorites.  I also wanted to use that mesh banner, so that was stamped in Charcoal mid-tone ink, and, keeping it simple I finished with the sentiment (love the font!) and some of the little circle stamps, which I then filled in with the petal pink liquid pearls included.  I had forgotten about liquid pearls, but I'm pleased with how easy they are to use!

As always, thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Gorgeous yellow roses, Lin! I have that stamp set coming my way soon - couldn't resist those rose images! Love your beautiful card! :)

Cat Craig said...

Lovely Roses, and such a lovely card. Your dot placement is perfect.

Cathy A said...

Lin this is stunning any mother would be so pleased to have this.

Dawn T said...

what a gorgeous card Lin. This kit has made some awesome cards,

jintyoo7 said...

LOVE this, Lin (although, I do have "yellow rose of Texas" going through my head now - LOL). How clever to use yellow ink and a pink marker to get the darker shading - brilliant :)

MarcyK924 said...

Beautiful design, Lin! Yellow roses are my wedding flowers, so I always soon when you create with them! You are getting a ton of mileage out of this card kit, my friend!