Friday, May 10, 2013

350 Cards & Gifts Week: the Card Set challenge

At Moxie Fab World, Cath has challenged us to create a coordinated card set and matching container, and she's kindly allowed us to re-enter anything we've done within the last 4 weeks.  So I'm using this card set that I posted on April 23, and decorated a little basket container to hold them.


If you'd like the supplies for the cards, please visit my blog post referenced above.
My friend Mary Anne gave me this cute basket awhile back, and I can just fit the cards inside (I think Ill put some Easter grass or colorful tissue paper in the very bottom where it's too narrow for the cards to fit).  To decorate it, I embossed the cuttlebug Poppy folder on white cardstock, then pounced my distress inks, spritzed with water, dried and then cut out the largest Nesties Labels 20, and attached it to the basket.  I made a little banner using a stamp from Simon's Flower Friend set.  I stamped, colored, and die-cut another butterfly, and used some silk ribbons and a colorful yarn to wrap around the handle.

  
I'll probably give this to my Mom or sister as a Mother's Day gift.  Thanks, Cath, for this great challenge!  I can't wait to see what's in the gallery for this challenge!

20 comments:

joy said...

What an adorable basket in which to put those gorgeous cards, Lin! I love this set!!!

Jackie said...

What a great gift set!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!!

cm said...

What a darling set of cards, and the little purse is the perfect container! Adorable!
c

Cindy C. said...

Hi Lin this is just one of the loveliest card sets I've seen! Happy Mother's Day!

Nat said...

beautiful set of cards and gift bag, so wonderful to see your spring creations! :)

Jean Bullock said...

Love the cards and that gift bag. Gorgeous!

Petti said...

what a great set of card and love your basket!

Dawn T said...

what a delightful set Lin. Love the way you decorated the little bag to hold them.

Sue Lelli said...

So PRETTY, Lin! LOVE the tag you put on that bag for your Pretty cards!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, what a gorgeous set!! The matching bag label and card set are beautiful together! Way to rock this challenge!

Therese Franziska said...

love this set, Lin!!!

Maureen Morton said...

This makes the most precious gift of love, Lin. The cards are so sweet, and that basket you made is the perfect vehicle. Good luck on the challenge!

Cathy A said...

Such a wonderful set

StephInOK said...

Love your set!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Beautiful work Lin--great job coordinating the container!

donna mikasa said...

I would spot these as a "Lin" set right away! So gorgeous, right down to the container!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful and feminine set Lin! The gift packaging is beautiful!

On another note, I'm following you again! I was a follower, lost several of my blogs and finally am finding them again! I don't know what happens with blogger sometimes, it can be so frustrating. Anyway, I'm back ;)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Firenze said...

Oh So Wonderful! TFS
Helen -- Firenze Cards