Friday, January 1, 2016

Peace on Earth

This seems like the perfect card to start out the New Year.  It's also for the current Share Joy challenge; see the sketch I used below.


supplies: Taylored Expressions Birch Tree cutting plate, white and Surf Blue cardstock, a retired BoBunny snowflake dp, blue glitter cardstock, snowflake die, sentiment from a retired The Craft's Meow clear set, and snowflake sequins

I have always loved birch trees - one of the reasons we bought our house was because of a big birch tree in the yard!  Last year a group of friends met and shared their dies, one of which was this Taylored Expressions Birch Tree cutting plate......I cut 2 of them and have been hoarding them all this time!  I think I need to add this to my own arsenal!  

Here's the sketch we were given for the challenge:


Wishing us all Peace in this New Year!

10 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card and I love your colour scheme. happy New Year !

Unknown said...

Very beautiful card!

Lisa Elton said...

Frosty and BEAUIFUL Lin!! Happy New Year!!

Cat Craig said...

gorgeous!

Rachel said...

Lin, I found you via Susan Branch. Isn't she just THE best!! I really like your winter birch card and your idea of adding to your "arsenal!" Ha!! I've decided that I could have worse a lot habits than collecting paper, ribbon, dies, punches, flowers, etc. Your previous post is lovely....I'm a floral girl also and have a really hard time saying now to all the new papers out there. Rachel

Greta said...

Perfect use of that sketch, Lin & I LOVE the cutting plate! Thinking that will be part of my first order if Mr Random finds me--haha! Happy New Year!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous die cut Lin- I have been eyeing that die too...... love the soft colours in your card, and your interpretation of the sketch
Blessings
Maxine

Clare said...

Oh, so pretty! I love that die - I agree, I need to just bite the bullet and buy a tree die myself! Love the glitter snowflake!

Aileen said...

Lin, beautiful card, love the whole design. This would also be perfect for the 'curtain call inspiration challenge' FROZEN.

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous card, Lin! I just love what you did in the corner, it's gorgeous! So glad you played along with us at Share Joy!