Saturday, January 9, 2016

Make it Monday

This week we get to choose whichever 2015 Make It Monday challenge we'd like to play with!  I chose Betsy's Watercolor Smooshing technique.


supplies: Canson Bristol paper, PTI's Garden Variety and Garden Variety II, mostly distress inks, water, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Winnie & Walter Audrey's Cutaways

I smooshed a watercolor panel, stamped my images and sentiment, then cut a panel out of it.  I'd usually throw away the resulting "frame" from that cut, but this time I decided to use it, reinserting and popping up the stamped panel for dimension.

Smooshing is lots of fun - give it a try!

12 comments:

lainey said...

Oh, I really like the colors on this and how you layered it with the smooshing. This makes me wish Spring was here right now!

Kathy said...

This is a very lovely card! I'm guessing you watercolored two different panels and they look wonderful with that watering can bouquet. : )

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cool watercolor effect spilling off your panel to the card, Lin! I love the watercan with flowers too!!

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully done! Great technique and design!

Nancy Penir said...

With so many great tutorials, it was so hard to pick just one. Loved the smooshing from Betsy. And love the way you created your card. The spill over watercolors are lovely. Just seem to go with the watering can! And your sweet fluttering butterflies and the perfect finishing touch. Lovely, Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Lin, and I love the way you have used the frame around the die cut panel
Blessings
Maxine

jintyoo7 said...

It's beautiful Lin, I can even see how you have popped up the die cut, it looks like tow completely separate pieces. Beautiful (I know, I repeated myself - worth it though!).

Jacqueline said...

Lin, this is gorgeous, will have to give it a try!

Lisa Elton said...

A pretty spring card to enjoy as I watch the snow fall this morning!

Cat Craig said...

Oh I really like this design...that top panel on the bottom panel with similar watercoloring. Did you color the two separately? Or is the top cut from the bottom? Either way its just stunning.

Marcia Hill said...

This is just beautiful Lin! I love your water colored (smooshed) background, and that watering can with the flowers is just perfect against the background...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Skrater said...

This is beautiful, I am going to have to try this technique. Thanks for the inspiration.