Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Simon Says........Ombre!

wed-newchallenge-header
Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog!


This week our theme is Ombre!  The design team are using Hero Arts Products.  I've used some of my favorite Hero Arts stamps today, and some colors and subjects that help take our minds away from winter.


supplies: white cardstock, watercolor paper, twisted citron and mowed lawn distress inks, Hero Arts Dandelion, sentiment from a retired The Craft's Meow Butterfly Kisses, VersaMark ink and Hero Arts white embossing powder

I used the smooshing technique to transfer diluted distress inks to my watercolor panel, then let them merge and run together.  After everything was dry I stamped and heat embossed my dandelions and sentiment.  I just had to use this sentiment with my dandelions, even though it's not available any more, as I fondly remember picking them as a child, blowing on them to release the seedlings, and "making a wish"!



supplies: Bristol paper and Hero Arts Pool mixed layering papers (all 3 colors), Tweed Pattern background wood stamp, peacock feathers, evergreen bough, and cracked pistachio distress inks, Butterfly and Flowers Stamp and Cut set, Happy Stamp and Cut set, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, DieNamics Blueprints 20 stitched die

I white embossed the Tweed Pattern, then used distress inks to watercolor in part of the design.  That panel was die-cut, then topped with the rest of the elements.

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px
to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

Simon Says Stamp

Do you use Instagram?  If you do, we'd love you to add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there, too! 

18 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Stunning cards Lin! But I have to say, that 2nd one is pretty darn amazing!! Love it!!

hugs...

Heather said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, I love the dandelion - sad it's off sale boo, hoo!! The colour of the second is fabulous (my favourite), a gorgeous colour with super colouring!!

hugs
Heather xx

Barb said...

Those soft, yummy greens on your first card are beautiful, Lin! And you know I love the second with the pretty blues, stenciling and butterflies! ♥

Cathy said...

Beautiful cards, Cathy x

Stephanie said...

Both cards are so lovely, Lin! I just can't pick a favorite!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Virginia L. said...

Love your Twofers!! The Ombre effect is beautifully interpreted in your creations, Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous ombres, Lin - really makes me long for spring!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lin these are both absolutely stunning, totally different and equally beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Elton said...

These are both incredible Lin! So delicate and lovely!

Aileen said...

Lin, I love both of these. The first one, the colour you have gone ombre with is just perfect and you have reminded me how much I love these stamps, they always look wonderful when white embossed.
Your second card is so pretty with only some of the background coloured and those wonderful butterflies.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, both are absolutely stunning!! LOVE them both :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Dawn T said...

Stunning cards. I love the green one and the texture on the second one is great.

Susi said...

I keep scrolling up, then down, then up again to decide which card I like the most, but truly, Lin, I can't pick as they are both so beautiful!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, I particularly love your butterfly card, so pretty.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful ombre cards Lin. I love them both.

Deepti said...

Beauties! Love the free beauty here

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are all so BEAUTIFUL Lin!

Elaine said...

Love, love the first card Lin! The greens with white embossing are stunning!