Saturday, February 15, 2020

Blue Birthday

Here's another of Betsy's gorgeous florals from The Greetery.  I thought I could live without it, but I was wrong - it arrived yesterday and this is it's first stamping.  What pushed me over the edge was the fact that it's a multi-step stamp set, so I can't ruin it with my coloring!


supplies: white, Cornflower, and a green cardstock, Sketchbook Roses, Altenew mini ink cubes to color, Simon It's Your Birthday sentiment, Taylored Expressions Damask embossing folder

This particular blue is my favorite color, always has been......cornflower, sky blue, Wedgewood, you get the picture.  Altenew calls the inks Lapis Lazuli.  I used the middle 2 shades of that collection.  Then I cut it out, something I find very relaxing to do, and added it to a card with an embossed panel and a sentiment with a lovely font which I think goes well with the image.

I think this one will be a staple in my floral stamps; I think I'll use some warm tones on my next one.  Thanks for stopping by - hope you are keeping cozy!

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

love the gorgeous blues. I love the touch of the texture down the side Lin. Great card

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful!!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love this card and I really need to pull out some of my embossing folders.
luv
Debby