Sunday, February 9, 2020

Flowers in the Snow

I'm playing today with some pretties to take my mind off of winter.  Although the one good thing about winter is the nice bright light when there's lots of snow on the ground!  I pulled out this Wplus9 cover die and made 2 cards with it.


supplies: white cardstock, Wplus9 Tossed Floral Background die, Nuvo Creative Pens to color, Avery Elle Loads of Wishes sentiment, Doodlebug Tiny Heart sprinkles, adhesive foam strips

I cut the big die twice, then cut apart one of them into little floral sprays, and colored them in blues and a little bit of lilac.  The whole cover plate was attached to my card base, and then I popped the fussy-cut sentiment and the floral sprays above it, and added a couple of my favorite tiny hearts.  I enjoyed the process so much I made another card.



supplies: white and dotted mint cardstock, Wplus9 Tossed Floral Background cover die, Hello and Thanks floral stamp, and sentiment from Memory Box Big and Little Words, Nuvo Creative Pens in pinks and greens, adhesive foam strips 

This time when I cut this cover die, I left it in it's surrounding frame and trimmed that just a tad so that my minty dot behind it would give a tiny frame.  I used those skinny adhesive strips to lift it above the card base - I love the dimension this gives me.  Then I stamped and fussy-cut the floral spray, lifted that above the panel, and added my sentiment banner.

Doesn't this give the illusion of lace?  I love this die! Also, since the background paper is dotted, it kind of looks like what I saw outside this weekend as I was working on this card!

Hope your week will be a great one!  Thanks for your visit today!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Your cards are beautiful using this cover die background. I've been looking at floral cover die backgrounds and maybe this is the one. I especially love your color choices for the second card!

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards Lin!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Lin.

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks, Lin! I was in need of more flowers, and less snow today! lol
GORGEOUS cover die, beautiful cards!
=]

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow -what wonderful cards Lin, and I love your innovative use of the die in the second card!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Such pretty cards Lin. Doing the coverplate white on white looks amazing.

Cindy Beach said...

I love these cards, Lin! They are beautiful and inspire me because I have the same products and like being reminded of how pretty they look!