Saturday, February 8, 2020

From the Scrap Bag

I think I mentioned earlier that I've been doing some cleaning out and organizing, and one of the things I unearthed was a bag of already constructed Rose Flurries flowers from other projects.  So I decided to put them to good use and make a card!


supplies: white, black, mauve, pale yellow, Green Leaf and a darker green cardstock, paint chips in shades of mauve, Altenew Rose Flurries dies, Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle die, tumbled glass distress ink and a blender brush, Memory Box Big and Little Words sentiment

This Hemstitch Rectangle is still one of my go-to supplies - it makes such a nice subtle frame.  This time I sponged on a little color inside it - I like the results!

This has my youngest sister's name all over it, as this was her favorite color growing up, and will probably be saved for her birthday later this year.

Hope your weekend is going well - thanks for your visit to my blog today!

8 comments:

Betty said...

how fun to find some "ready made" roses and make such a pretty card, Lin!

Cat Craig said...

Its a beauty!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely use of scraps!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so pretty. I love the die cut detail and the blue haze behind. Great card!

Barbara said...

I've been cleaning out, too and found some die cuts and background pieces and used them to make cards. It's fun but I never found anything this good in my stash. (Lol) I did find some paint chips and will make some flowers with my layering dies and next time I'll have the good stuff! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful floral card Lin. Love the colours of course, purple being a favourite colour of mine.

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Lin - isn't it great when we can make a card from pieces we have on hand!
Blessings
Maxine

Daria said...

Beautiful! I love the touch of yellow and the hem-stitched piece. The colors are wonderful. TFS.