Saturday, February 22, 2020

Some New Embossing Folders!

I was thrilled to receive some brand new Spellbinders February Cut and Emboss folders!  These are  embossing folders that also cut, and both of the ones I received are a generous 5 x 7 inches!  They are named after places, Kyoto, Sedona, Delhi, and Lahaina!   Here are some cards I made with 2 of  them.


supplies: white cardstock, vellum, watercolor dps from Moda Scrap and MFT, Spellbinders Kyoto folder and April 2019 Small Die of the Month flower and leaves, sentiment from Simon Leafy Frames, cut with an old Spellbinders Circle Scallop die

Just the name "Kyoto" evoked soft washes of colors for me, so these watercolor papers were just the ticket!  After it came out of the folder, I added it to a white card base, then a sentiment on vellum and just 1 little flower.  I wanted to keep the embossing as the star of the design.

My next card also uses colors that come to mind when I think of "Sedona", an amazing place, and the name of this folder.


supplies: sunshine cardstock, Spellbinders Sedona folder, distress oxide inks and blender brushes, sentiment sticker from a Tim Holtz Small Talk pad

Starting with a piece of A2 white cardstock, I brushed mustard seed oxide ink in a rough circle, and then radiated outwards with other warm oxide inks (carved pumpkin, ripe persimmon, festive berries, and fired brick) until my panel was covered.  Then I put it into the folder and ran it through my Platinum machine.  After trimming just a bit, I adhered it onto a bright yellow cardbase.  I thought this sentiment sticker "live gently upon this earth" reflects the Native American feel of the card - this reminds me of designs we've seen in the Southwest.

These folders sure do make a unique card!  Thanks so much, Spellbinders, for allowing me to showcase them.

6 comments:

Joy Meadows said...

WOW!These cards are so beautiful, Lin! I love the soft watercolors of the first one and the bright fiery shades of the second. Just gorgeous!!

Cat Craig said...

fabulous.

Cathy said...

Stunning cards Lin, the folders you used on each are a perfect match with the colours, Cathy x

Dawn T said...

what stunning folders Lin. And beautiful cards.

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving how you have used these folders Lin, letting the names and designs of them influence your exquisite cards
Blessings
Maxine

Witchcrafted Life said...

These are so lovely, vivid and beautiful. The warmth of the second card's colour palette brought a welcome jot of vibrancy to my (snowy!) afternoon. Thank you!

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life