Saturday, February 1, 2020

More Rustic Florals

I have a couple more cards using the beautiful Brutus Monroe Rustic Florals papers today.  This first one is a variation of the one that I made for this week's Simon Wednesday challenge.


supplies: pastel yellow and blue cardstock, Brutus Monroe Rustic Florals dp, Simon's Thanks Scallop Border die, blue embroidery floss, organza ribbon, adhesive foam to pop up sentiment panel

I lifted the scallop border portion above the rest of the card this time, embellishing it with some floss stitching and a little bow.  


supplies: Cotton Candy cardstock, Brutus Monroe Rustic Florals patterned paper, Pink Fresh Studio Adore Alpha dies, Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop Borders die, sentiment from Hero Arts Hello Stamp and Cut, pink enamel hearts

Starting with a single sheet of another of the papers, I used my alpha dies to cut out my word.  The word was bordered with some stitched scallops, then the panel was attached to a pink card base.  Next I cut out 3 more sets of letters from white cardstock, glued them together with the pattern on top, and then reinserted them back into the negative space.  To finish, I added a stamped sentiment strip and some enamel hearts.

There are 3 sheets of 8 different designs in this paper pad, each one prettier than the last! 

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Joy Meadows said...

Hi, Lin! Love this designer series paper you have been using for these cards. Each one is more beautiful than the last. And, your cards are absolutely gorgeous. Just swooning here in Colorado!!!

Cathy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Cathy x

kiwimeskreations said...

Lin these are stunning, it's the second one that really caught my eye, and how you have used that wonderful paper to maximum effect!
Blessings
Maxine