Thursday, February 20, 2020

Simon's March Card Kit.......

......arrived, and I have 2 cards using the supplies inside.


supplies: white, Mint, and lavender Glitter paper, Stronger Together flower, Nuvo Creative Pens in Palma Violet and Emerald Seas, Bold Hello die, my own floral embossing folder, adhesive foam to lift center panel

The predominant colors in this kit are Mint and Lavender, and they are really lovely together, so I chose one of the floral stamps and colored it in just those colors.  That was framed in the glitter cardstock and then lifted above my embossed panel.  The little hello die is the perfect size!

Next, I used one of the 3 Suzy watercolor cards and the watercolor pencils in the kit.


supplies: white cardstock, watercolor-look patterned paper from Moda Scrap Spring Flowers, Suzy's Dogwood watercolor card, watercolor pencils from kit, leaves and sentiment from Stronger Together stamp set, cracked pistachio distress ink

I chose the dogwood watercolor card and colored it minimally with the watercolor pencils; after it was all dry, I cut out the dogwood branch.  Before attaching it to the patterned paper, I stamped some leaves with cracked pistachio ink, then colored them with the same ink, diluted with water.  That added a nice tone-on-tone look to the background.

I was impressed by the watercolor pencils in this kit - the colors are lovely, they blend nicely, and they were easy to use with a damp brush.

The large stamp set in this kit is full of lovely leaves and florals; I know it will get pulled out often for the upcoming season!  That goes the same for the pretty patterned papers.

Here's the kit.


5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful cards Lin! The touch of sparkle on the first is terrific and the second card is extra pretty!

kiwimeskreations said...

What exquisite cards Lin - they are so beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

such soft pretty cards Lin.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards Lin.

Sweet Sarah said...

I will be copying these! Love them.