Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sketchbook Roses

Here's another card using the gorgeous Sketchbook Roses by The Greetery.  You should know by now how I feel about gingham, so I think this was a perfect marriage!  Add in this lovely Ornate Frame, and you've got yourself a perfectly girly card.


supplies: white cardstock, pink gingham dp, Sketchbook Roses, Altenew Spring Bouquet mini ink cubes, Impression Obsession Ornate Oval Frame, Newton's Nook Little Lilies sentiment, adhesive foam squares

After stamping and cutting out my floral spray, I die-cut the oval frame, and then used adhesive foam squares to hold the 2 together - I think lifting them above the gingham gives everything more punch.  I thought this sentiment was just right - it fit nicely in the corner and will cover a variety of occasions.

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Lin, this is beautiful! Love the gingham backdrop for your roses! So delightful!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, how GORGEOUS!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Lin. Gingham goes so well with these roses.

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite card Lin - you have matched up everything beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

So beautiful. Love the gingham background and the lovely roses on the delicate frame. TFS

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love that frame with the floral spray over the gingham, Lin - so pretty!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

This is soooo immensely pretty! As a little girl who was already obsessed with all things vintage, I asked my mom to please make me a 1950s poodle skirt. She very sweetly did, using pink and white gingham fabric for its base. I've been smitten with this classic pattern in that colourway ever since. :)

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life