Monday, October 4, 2021

Cards from World Card Making Day!

Here are the cards I made this weekend as part of World Card Making Day.


supplies: white card, Doodlebug orange Buffalo Check patterned paper, PinkFresh Studio Daisy Wreath stencil set, Altenew Golden Sunset, Lime, and Fresh Leaf inks, Simon Blender Brushes, sentiment from Hello BlueBird Pumpkin Time, copper sequins, adhesive foam to lift large daisies

October is one of my favorite months, so I gathered some of my favorite supplies together for this card.  I'd like to enter this one into PinkFresh Studio's World Card Making Day Challenge.

Next is my first play with The Greetery's Cozy Cup stamps and dies.  They were released in 2019, but I just was able to grab them thanks to a recent Card of the Week post and sale that Betsy does every Monday.  I love my coffee, but don't have many stamps to prove it, so this one can be checked off my wishlist.  I thought I'd do it up in fall colors for its first outing.  There's a sentiment for that in the set.

supplies: white card, a MFT heart patterned paper, Cozy Cup stamps and matching dies and Cozy Cup Coaster die, altenew inks, twine

And finally, a card using just a few of the supplies in the Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit.

supplies: white card base, black and fall colors from Assorted Card Fronts packFriend Outline dieKaleidoscope embossing folder

I cut 1/2" strips from white and 5 of the fall-colored cardstock panels in the assorted pack, and wove them together.  That panel was then put into the Kaleidoscope embossing folder for some "quilted" texture, before I matted it onto black, and then onto the card front.  To finish I used the friend die in the kit.

The idea for this design comes from a sampler quilt I made in the 1990's that had blocks scattered throughout which spelled out "welcome home".  Here's a picture of it.


Thanks for stopping by - have a great week!

6 comments:

Betty said...

love all your cards Lin - but the woven/embossed card is fantastic!! such wonderful texture you created!

Lisa Elton said...

These are lovely! I like the warm fall colors!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Lin. Looks like a fun weekend with all these fabulous projects. Love the quilt that inspired your last card. So pretty

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards Lin. Loving the woven one in particular, that is stunning
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great cards for WCMD, Lin!! Love the quilt too - so beautiful and colorful!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards lin :-) all of them are just fabulous!!! <3