Monday, October 25, 2021

Peace on Earth

 This Berries and Leaves stencil was included in the November Simon Says Stamp Card Kit; it's the usual 6" size, and it's so pretty I didn't want to cut it down to an A2 size, so I made it into a 6" square panel, thinking I can display it on a mantel or shelves when Christmas rolls around.  I may even frame it if I can find a frame to fit it.


supplies: white and Schoolhouse Red card, Simon Berries & Leaves stencil, peacock feathers and lucky clover distress inks, Tim Holtz Holiday Words dies, the last of my Darice red pearls as berries

As is my habit lately, after inking the stencil I left it intact and ran it through my Spellbinders machine with their embossing mat and embossing plate on either side.  I like the crispness it gives.  After adding my sentiment, I used some of the last of my Darice adhesive red pearls that I have been hoarding.  I wish I could find a source for them, if they even exist anymore.  Anyone know?  They came in limited colors, but each pack was only $1 and contained a generous amount of 3 sizes of pearls.  I still prefer pearls over sequins anytime, and I'm hoping they'll come back in vogue again one of these days........

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cheerful card, this is wonderful!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Lin. It looks so awesome you are right... too good to cut down. I can just picture it in a frame.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning panel Lin - love those red pearls, and yes, I also prefer them.
I just G**gled the Darice red pearls, and lots of links came up....
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine