Sunday, October 3, 2021

Inspired By.......

 Being an old quilter, I follow quite a few quilting sites on Instagram.  A few days ago, THIS popped up and I was blown away by the colors, especially the use of that pink with the usual fall colors.   Here are two cards I made inspired by that quilt.


supplies: cardstock in Doll Pink, Orange Peel, SunshineGreen Apple, Green Leaf, plus a burgundy, a paler yellow, and an orange sherbert, plank patterned paper background, Simon Stitched Maple Trio dies and Christmas Blessings die, twine, hot pink enamel dot, adhesive foam to lift wreath

I used an old retired twig wreath die for my base to attach the maple leaves to, then backed the wreath with foam squares and popped it above my card, adding a twine bow and the sentiment.

I wanted to use a darker grey background, and remembered this leafy stitched cover plate, which looks a bit like quilting in the background.


supplies: same cardstock colors as above, plus Slate and Fog Grey, gold metallic cardstock, Memory Box Pinpoint Leaf plate, The Greetery Boxwood Heart base and details dies, Fit to be Tied bow die, twig die and Spellbinders Welcome Fall berries die,  My Favorite Things (retired) thanks die

I brought in that magic pink this time in only the berries, along with the sentiment. 

Here's just one of the many quilts made with this Fall Breeze Quilt pattern by Vanessa Christenson.  Amazing, isn't it?

Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way you were inspired, these are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Lyn.. At 90+ and *legally blind* I dont have a snowballs hope in hell of ever creating cards like you dbut take joy and inspiration from yours every day. I have found, as you have, that one passion connects with aanother...in your case quilting and cardmaking....in my case cardmaking and knitting. Your colourways this morning proves that the old quote *Everything goes in a garden....* proves the point. Keep on keeping on
Audrey in *Lockeddown Melbourne

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful pair of cards Lin - love the touches of pink in amongst the standard autumnal colours. That quilt is amazing!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Totally amazing use of the inspirational quilts. The hot pink adds so much to the wreaths. Two stunning cards Lin.