Friday, October 1, 2021

It's October!

 Love this month, so today's cards are a bright and a duller variation using last year's Taylored Expressions Fall Foliage Background stamp/stencil set.


supplies: cream and Audrey Blue card, Taylored Expressions Fall Foliage Background stamp and stencils, distress oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, and Ripe Persimmon, a retired Wplus9 Hand Lettered You die, stamped sentiment from Simon Hello You, retired, metallic sequins

I guess I love using blues with autumn colors because of the clear blue skies we get at this time of year - everything just seems so crisp!  

My Dad loved the duller oaks of fall the best, so here's a card in his honor.


supplies: Desert Storm, burgundy, and dark green card, Taylored Expressions Fall Foliage Background stamp and stencils, oxide inks in Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, and Rustic Wilderness, Simon Thinking of You Line dies

I stamped and stencilled this time on some Desert Storm card, and I was surprised how the Fired Brick looked on it, more pink than brick, but I like this effect!  

Which one of these do you prefer?  Thanks for visiting today - have a great weekend!

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful pair of cards Lin - I think I prefer the lighter/brighter one of the two
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine