Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Simon Says.......Not a Card



It's Wednesday - welcome to our challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!



This week our theme is "Not a Card" - use your creativity to make a tag, something for the home, anything you'd like, but NOT a card!  The team is playing with Tim Holtz products this week. I made a little plaque that could sit on a shelf., measuring 4  1/2" X 6  3/4".


supplies: Simon Says Stamp Cotton Candy, Lemon Chiffon, Green Apple, Green Leaf, plus darker pinks and yellows and cream and kraft cardstock, a sheet of Ideaology Menagerie patterned paper, sponged in tumbled glass distress ink, the largest Lace BaseBoard frame, Colorize Bloom dies, a Butterfly adornment, gold leaf sequins, metallic gold "L" alphabet sticker, 3 sticker sentiments from Clippings book

I had such fun making this project!   First I diecut all the parts for the Bloom flowers and leaves, glued them together, then placed them into an arrangment, adding some metallic gold leaves, which are really sequins.  The floral arrangement was then glued atop the lacey frame, and I added some adhesive foam behind the parts inside the frame opening, since the frame is thick like chipboard.  Next I went looking for something to put inside as a background, and found this piece of Menagerie patterned paper which I sponged with some tumbled glass.  After that was attached to the back of the frame, I added a butterly, an "L" for me, since this will live in my craft room, and finally some sentiment stickers.

Here's a closer look so that you can read the sentiments:


Many of the "extras" on this creation were bits and pieces from past Simon Card Kits, which I keep all together for instances like this when I need embellishments.  

Now it's your turn!  We have a $25.00 gift certificate 


to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!  I can't wait to see what you all make this week!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, Lin! The metallic accents are wonderful!

Dawn T said...

What a fabulous project Lin. It looks stunning.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pretty plaque to have in you craft room Lin - love it, especially those metallic leaves.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine