Saturday, October 2, 2021

Lush Garden

Happy World Card Making Day!  I hope that you can find some time today to embrace the day and have some fun!  I love the thought of so many of us doing the same thing all across the world!

 Altenew has done it again!  I splurged and bought their Lush Garden kit last month, and I'm so glad I did!  

The first thing I grabbed when my kit arrived was this 3D embossing folder and its matching stencils.  


supplies: white card, Lush Garden 3D embossing folder and matching stencils, various Altenew mini ink cubes, PinkFresh Studio Sending Phrase Builder die

What a beautiful piece of art this is!  I had a rough time cutting it down to fit my A2 card, it's that pretty!  I didn't want to cover up a bit more of it than needed, so this smiles sentiment was a good choice, I think. 

Next I pulled out the layering stamp set and matching dies in this kit.  There are 2 different flowers in it - I used just one of them, twice, on my card for today. Isn't it a beauty?


supplies: white, black, and pink card, Lush Garden embossing folder, stamp set, and matching dies, Cherry Blossom and Green Valley ink, Hero Arts Sending Love sentiment and banner die, adhesive foam squares

I stamped the flower twice, and used the 3 lightest Cherry Blossom inks for details on the top flower, and the 3 darkest inks of the same set for the bottom one.  Then I embossed another panel with the 3D folder and lightly brushed on the very lightest ink onto all the flowers.  After arranging my flowers and leaves with the help of Press 'n' Seal, I popped them above the embossed panel, and added my sentiment banner.

It is a real treat for me to have a set of supplies that all coordinate so nicely with each other, and I know this one will get lots of use!

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great buy Lin, and two amazing cards as a result too - love the embossed one in particular!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

So beautiful Lin. It is an amazing kit and I love how you have used it.

Hilda Burton said...

Beautiful cards, Lin. Enjoy your day!

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL designs, Lin! I love the color mix of your dry-embossed images and the layered -stamping is fabulous on the 2nd. You are going to get so much use out of this kit! Aren't they fun?