Thursday, July 14, 2022

Spellbinders Christmas in July!

 Spellbinders is releasing their Christmas collections this month.  

Here's a card using a cover die from their Stitchmas Christmas collection.


supplies: white, pink, and silver glitter card, Spellbinders Stitched Petal Diamond Background, embroidery floss in 2 pinks, sage green, and pale yellow, Mix & Match Holiday Greetings dies, pearls

Here's a closer shot to see the pretty font of the sentiment dies:


I love this new cover plate - you can do as much or as little stitching as you like.  Here I took these as poinsettias and made them pink, with a bit of sage green to break it up, and a glitzy sentiment in silver.  The Mix & Match Holiday Greetings is a set of 16 different words that you can combine any way you like, and in a great size, too.  I'll bet it becomes a classic!

Here's a 2nd card using this stitching plate, this time in more traditional Christmas colors.  I put them against a kraft background for a country feel, and this time, I did far less stitching than on my first card.  You can see what a different look results.


supplies: kraft and red card, Stitched Petal Diamond Background, rich red, pine green, and bright yellow floss, Merry Glimmer Sentiments, red glimmer hot foil

I used 3 strands of red floss for the flowers, but 6 strands of green and yellow floss for the rest of the design - using more makes the motif show up stronger.  This time my sentiment is foiled, from another fun set called Merry Glimmer Sentiments. It comes with 8 glimmer sentiments and 8 matching dies so you can cut them out like I did here.  I cut out a total of 3 deep to make them stand out against all the texture of the stitching.

I'll have lots of Christmas-related cards coming up this month - stay tuned!

3 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

STUNNING! I especially love your more "traditional" colors with the kraft background. I have a friend who loves purple, so I may try your pink idea with a few color adjustments. Thank you for the terrific ideas!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful coverplate Lin, and gorgeous cards. I love how you showed the variations of colour and threads for differing effects
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Totally awesome cards Lin. Love all the stitching.