Thursday, July 7, 2022

Some Floral Wreaths

 I finally brought home this Lawn Fawn Floral Wreath die after seeing my teammate Karin's cards recently, and have been having a ball playing with it.  I like it because it lends itself to straight coloring, but there are additional dies so that you can paper-piece it, also.

I have 2 cards for you today.  First is the paper-pieced version.


supplies: white, Green Apple, aquas from Memory Box Fresh Aqua Collection pad, retired My Favorite Things Tiny Check paper pad, Lawn Fawn Floral Wreath dies and Fancy Scalloped Rectangle die, sentiment from Simon Garden Greetings, Aqualicious ink, aqua pearls

Next I cut the wreath from white cardstock and used my markers to color in the details.  I liked these colors against cream, and added some texture with a subtle cover die which repeats the circle theme.


supplies: Cream cardstock, Lawn Fawn Floral Wreath, Simon Detail Ringlet cover plate and Bold Hello die

I have 4 other already-colored wreaths finished, so you'll be seeing more of this soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like both versions, but the gingham backing the wreath on the first one makes for an extra sweet card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful use of this pretty die, Lin, and two beautiful cards. I look forward to seeing more cards made using it
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful wreath cards Lin. I's a great die. Must look into getting it!