Sunday, July 24, 2022

A Summer Card

 With all the Christmas stuff I've been posting lately, I felt a real need to return to present day, so today's card feels like summer to me!  There have been lots of lemon-themed cards showing up lately, which reminded me about this washi tape.  Love this sweet shade of yellow, too!


supplies: yellow, white, and metallic lavender cardstock, (retired) Lil Inker Circles and Diamonds cover plate, Pink Fresh Studio Ornate Oval Frame and Lemons and Blueberries washi tape, Memory Box Just Because die, adhesive foam

This Ornate Frame is new to me, and I think it's the perfect vehicle to pair with all of the washi tape sprigs that I have.  I cut my sentiment from a foiled lavender kraft cardstock to bring out the blueberries in the design.  I wanted to pop the frame above something subtle and this cover die that is sadly retired fits the bill perfectly!

My mouth is watering thinking about some sweet concoction that blends lemons and blueberries!  I have a story to share about a baby blueberry bush that our oldest son brought home from a nursery that he was working in for the summer, probably 28 years ago.  We planted it, but probably in not the best location at the time.  Over the years it has come back year after year and gotten bigger and bigger, but until this year it's never produced any fruit.  This year it did (it's in a sunnier location now)!!  Now all I need is a lemon tree - unlikely in our northern location here in Ohio!

Enjoy your Sunday!

5 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

The lavender sentiment was just the right touch with your light yellows! Such a refreshing, summer feel!

Lisa Elton said...

A lovely summer card!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beauty Lin - love the colour combination you used, soft and pretty but also strong enough to take the eye
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Lin. Love the lemons and blueberries together. Last year we planted two blueberries - got around 10 berries from each. Hoping this summer is better. We are lucky to have a great lemon tree too...

JoAnn said...

Beautiful summer card with that pretty yellow. The lemon & blueberries washi tape looks refreshing against the pretty ornate oval frame die cut. TFS