Monday, July 4, 2022

Summer Hollyhocks

Happy 4th of July!!

Here's my first play with the new Hollyhocks Botanicuts from The Greetery.  These flowers have lots of memories for me from my Gramps' garden, (I remember using the blossoms to make little dolls!), but I haven't had much success growing them myself, so I'm pleased to be able to grow some paper ones!


supplies: white, Audrey Blue, coral, orange, and yellow card, The Greetery Hollyhocks Botanicuts dies, gren ink for leaves, markers for detailing flowers, Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangle die, Perfect Sentiments foiling plate and matching die, gold glimmer foil

I inked the leaves and stems, but used colored cardstock for the flowers this time, with some simple marker detailing in the centers.  The flowers are easy to assemble, and the multi layers makes a nice dimension.

Betsy's shipping is A+ - I ordered these new dies last Wednesday and had them in hand on Friday!  Can't do much better than that!

Short week this week - enjoy!

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

what beautiful bright and cheery card Lin. It's beautiful

kiwimeskreations said...

Lin this is stunning - I grew them once successfully... then rust took them and I gave up. These are beautiful and totally rust free :)
Blessings
Maxine