Friday, July 29, 2022

Summer Coneflowers

 Our coneflowers started blooming earlier this month, which reminded me about these pretty paper ones!  Here's this year's version.


supplies: Cream, kraft, pale yellow, light coral, and green cardstock, a script printed paper, markers to shade, Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Coneflowers dies, Spellbinders Picot Edge Oval die, Simon Miss You die, adhesive foam squares

I wanted to give this a bit of a vintage feel, so I used a script background and a lovely oval to set off the flowers. Each of the 4 flower layers is separated with adhesive foam for lots of dimension.  

I used the reverse (solid) of some BoBunny Double Dot 12" cardstock for my flowers and leaves today.  Since so many scrapbook stores have vanished, I wonder if these are even available anymore?  I used to get mine in a store in Florida when we would be snowbirds each winter, but haven't been back since 2018, I think, thanks to Covid.......

Thanks for stopping by - have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful card. Love these coneflowers.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous coneflowers, Lin, and I love that crisp white oval with the loops!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous dimensional card Lin - love the way you have coloured the petals of the cone flowers, they are exquisite
Blessings
Maxine

June from Minnesota said...

GORGEOUS design!