Monday, July 3, 2017

A Summer Wreath

One of the reasons I bought the Bold Blooms was the thought that it would work nicely to make wreaths - it has a sweet variety of flowers.  Here's a card I made using them in that way.


supplies: white, black, and green card stock, Pretty Pink Posh Bold Blooms, Zig markers and various Altenew ink cubes to color, Simon's Sending and Big Hugs and Mini Outline Hearts dies, dot stamp from their Look for the Miracles stamp set, MFT Blueprints 20 scalloped rectangle die

I used a round die to lightly pencil in a circle on my panel, then stamped the various flowers and leaves around it.  The pencil line was then erased and I colored in my elements, using the solid stamps and a few markers for small details. I also stamped in some little dots to make the wreath appear fuller.  These sentiment dies weren't designed (that I'm aware of) to be used together, but they work nicely, don't you think?

Hope you're enjoying your holiday!  

5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Delightful wreath indeed!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful and it definitely has your lovely signature style.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely! I am a big fan of wreaths and a summer wreath is perfect!

Dawn Darlene said...

Great summer wreath!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful card Lin - love the bold sentiment in the centre of the wreath.
Blessings
Maxine