Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Simon Says.........Anything Goes

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


It's Anything Goes week once again, and the Design Team and I are playing with Wild Rose Studio goodies.  They make the most adorable stamps, it's hard to choose, but I ended up with some Teddies this time and made 2 cards with them!


supplies: white cardstock, (retired) Pebbles double-sided cardstock, Wild Rose Studios Bears on Swing, Zig markers to color, Simon's Smile Circle and Stitched Rectangle dies, adhesive foam squares

I decided to use some of my long-hoarded 12" scrapbook papers and thought this flowered one with a gingham reverse would be a good place to start.  After making that choice, I colored the image pulling my colors from the paper.  The image was first put onto the gingham paper, then I cut a stitched frame using the floral and popped it above the card base.  There isn't alot of room for a sentiment, but I think this one works well without taking away from everything else.  

This will make a perfect card for our granddaughter!

After finishing card #1, I got the idea to try and make the image actually kind of swing, and here's what resulted:


supplies: white and pink cardstock, green gingham from My Favorite Things Farm Fresh Gingham, Wild Rose Studios Bear on Swing, Simon sentiment from Beautiful Ride, Taylored Expressions Leafy Vine embossing folder, Simon Stitched Rectangle die

For this one I colored and cut out the bears first.  Then I die-cut a window into the card front and embossed the front.  The inside was layered with the green gingham, and to finish I glued the swing to the top of the window and added the sentiment at the bottom.

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

17 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) the bears are super adorable and I love the papers and colours, very very cute :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Tracy Freeman said...

They are both adorable and love the paper you have used with them xxx

Melissa Bove said...

Both of your cards are just wonderful Lin!! You rocked that image!! Too cute!!

hugs...

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two cuties with the bears on a swing, Lin! Love the gingham and floral on card one and the swing in the frame on card two!!

Stephanie said...

How sweet, Lin! Love both versions of these sweet bears out for a swing! The floral paper is lovely in the one and the other has that floating feeling which is really cool!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Carol L said...

What a perfectly cute and adorable pair of cards! I can't even choose a favorite, but I love the colors on the first! So sweet!!

Lisa Elton said...

Those little teddies are darling! Both of your cards are as sweet as can be Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Kin - they are both beautiful!
Blessings
Maxine

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! I love the cute little bears & the way you've framed the images looks wonderful xx

downrightcrafty said...

I love how you have used the WRS image so adorable, a beautiful card
hugs Kate x
WRS DT

Dawn T said...

such a adorable little bears stamp. Both cards are lovely

newbie85 said...

Beautiful cards, Lin! I love all your cards! This image of the bears is darling, and you have A LOT more patience than I do cutting this out!!! Both cards are stunning!!! Hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, I just love teddy bears, and these are so adorable! What beautiful cards with the design you've created, and I love the DP and the embossing. Not sure which I love more, but I know I love these bears!! Hugs!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Lin, I like how you colored the flowers on the first card to match the flowers on the paper you used. That looks amazing and ties the card in so well. The bears swinging on the second card is just too cute. So smart to cut them out like that. Both cards are gorgeous creations.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Lin
I just visiting and joining at Simon Says Stamp challenge and wanna tell you
this is too cuutee
the image so sweet and clever idea to make this in the middle of the frame
the embossing on white is beautiful and green DP too
sweet and cute cuddle card I love this Miss Lin
hope you like to see my Balloons card
hugs
Monika

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW Lin - these are so super sweet - love the window with the gingham bg - and the coloring on the first!!!

Anita in France said...

These are just adorable, Lin ... I'm especially taken with the interactive one ... such a clever idea! Anita :)