Friday, July 21, 2017

With Much Love

I'm back today with a card for Tammy Tutterow's Creative Team Friday post, using one of her stencil sets and 2 of her cling stamps.


supplies: white cardstock, Bristol paper, Tammy's Mad for Plaid two step stencil, cracked pistachio, broken china, and faded jeans distress oxide inks, Flower Swag 5 and Tiny Sentiments cling stamps, My Favorite Things Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle die, Simon's Stitched Circle, adhesive foam squares, ribbon

I used 3 distress oxide inks to stencil the plaid.  These stencils come in sets of 2, in this case, a vertical design paired with a horizontal one.  They are configured slightly different, so you could easily use just one of them and turn it 90 degrees.  They measure 5" X 7", so there's lots of wiggle room to get just what you want.  That panel was trimmed to fit inside an A2 white card.  Then I die-cut the scalloped rectangle from white card stock, and from that a stitched circle.  I stamped one of the absolutely darling Tiny Sentiments on the scalloped panel, and then separately stamped the flowers from a Flower Swag cling.  I used the same 3 distress inks, to watercolor the flowers, then selectively cut them out and attached them to my white panel, along with a teensy ribbon.  Then the panel was raised above my card base.

Please visit Tammy's Blog to see what my team-mates have made this week!


9 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

This card is just the CUTEST!!

Catherine said...

Your card is so pretty, Lin. The plaid background is flawless and gorgeous and I love the color combination. So cute!

Cathie ♥

CherylQuilts said...

Lin, I LOVE this card with the plaid! What gorgeous colors, and I love that it's a two-step stencil. Totally love it and see it's out of stock...for now! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this card Lin, it's so sweet!

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous Plaid it makes. Such a pretty card. The oxide inks look so creamy

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I love these colors, Lin. And the fact that you cut apart the flowers from their original design is always amazing. You definitely think outside the box and ends up with such pretty results. I need to go to Tammy's site to see how you apply the inks through the stencil for such perfect results. Thanks for the share!

Cat Craig said...

There is so much to love about this, but I have to say that sweet lil bow ties it all together nicely.

kiwimeskreations said...

Lin this is delightful - a gorgeous card - again the colour choice is impeccable
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy plaid and I love the scalloped rectangle with the circle cut-out, Lin!! And what a sweet bow!!