Sunday, July 16, 2017

CASEing Kelly

Yesterday Kelly had an interesting post on "Distress Ink Watercolor Backgrounds on Bristol" and her results were so nice that I got right up and had to try it for myself.  Here's my first result, using some old favorite Hero Arts stamps.


supplies: white and periwinkle cardstock, Bristol paper, Hero Arts Hydrangea woodblock stamp and SparkleClear Simple Messages sentiment, VersaFine Onyx Black ink, embossed in clear, blueprint sketch and mowed lawn distress inks and water, MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle die

The only thing I did differently from Kelly was to first stamp and emboss my hydrangea, but I followed her wet on wet technique to add color to it, using just 2 distress ink colors.  This sure is an easy way to color up a stamp, and this technique updates this older stamp.

Thanks so much for coming by to visit me.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8 comments:

Betty said...

what a great way to color our old hydrangea - lovely!! must give this a try.

Maureen Morton said...

I always think of you when I pull out this old favorite stamp. I am not a big flower gal, but those is special and I can't seem to let it go. What a great update for it - you've done wonders! Watercoloring adds a new dimension. Love this!

Cat Craig said...

Love that stamp Lin and you have used the technique beautifully.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So beautiful with the watercolored background, Lin! Love the scalloped rectangle too!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful and very effective way to colour this image Lin - a lovely card
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Very pretty Lin. Kelly's video is very inspiring. Must try it myself.

CinnamonSally said...

This is lovely Lin, love to see that Hero Arts stamp again.

Unknown said...

Wow! So creative!