Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Simon Says.........Summer Sunshine

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our theme this week is "Summer Sunshine" and my teamies and I are playing with Simon exclusive products.


supplies: white and kraft cardstock, various Doodlebug dps, Simon's Summer Flowers stamp set and Sunshine die, "sending" from Winnie & Walter Big, Bold Friends, My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched dies, sequins, natural twine

I used printed design papers to stamp my flower and cut my sentiment.  I added a little orange marker shading to the yellow gingham flower and surrounded the center with some sequins in coppers, oranges, and golds.

If you consider the floral motif above to be a feminine card, then I think this next one would be considered a masculine one.


supplies: white and aqua cardstock, unknown board dp, dotty gold dp,  tumbled glass, peacock feathers, and antique linen distress inks and blending tool, Simon's Hello Sunshine Frame and Sailboat dies, Zig red and beige markers to color sailboat, Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangle die

I die-cut the board paper first, then sponged on distress inks to simulate sky, water, and sand.  Next I die-cut the sun and sailboat out of the background, and then inlaid them back in.  To finish, I used just the sentiment section of the Hello Sunshine Frame.

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

8 comments:

Betty said...

two great cards, Lin - love how you sponged over the wood background on the second card - very effective!

Tracy Freeman said...

They are both perfect summer cards Lin, I have never thought of inking up paper like that, it looks great xxx

Tee said...

Beautiful sunshine cards! I love sunflowers and yours is stunning! So pretty!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous summer cards Lin. I especially love the inking on the planks great idea...yikes another to add to my case list.

Stephanie said...

Oh!! Both designs are delightful for Summer! I'm a sucker for sequins and love how you outlined the center of the sunflower :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Dawn T said...

such fun summery cards Lin.

Snippety Do Dah said...

LOVE that sunflower card and sequins!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Lin - love the sail boat one, and it took me a few seconds to realise you magnificent sunflower was paper pieced!
Blessings
Maxine