Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Simon Says.........Use Plaid

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our theme this week is "use plaid"!  And the DT are playing with Lawn Fawn Products.  You don't have to use Lawn Fawn, but we'd love to see your creations using them if you have any!

Both my cards today use Lawn Fawn's plaid papers and some oldie but goodie stamp sets from them.


supplies: white card base, vellum, dps from Perfectly Plaid Winter and Perfectly Plaid Rainbow, Flutter By butterfly and sentiment, VersaMark ink and white embossing powder, Simon Leanna and (retired) Chrissy  butterfly dies, sequins to match, Die-Namics Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle die

A closer look at the plaids in the butterflies - I stacked a stamped version over 2 die-cut butterflies, 1 solid and the other lacey.  The sequins serve a dual purpose: sparkle and a way to hide the glue underneath holding the vellum to the plaid cardstock.


My next card uses a sweet plaid in the background, and I pulled its colors to make my flowers.  At first I just paper-pieced the centers into the flowers, but everything looked too flat, so I added some buttons for a bit of dimension.


supplies:  white cardstock, papers from Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Rainbow and Let's Polka pads, flower, leaves and sentiment from Our Friendship Grows, Scripty Hugs die, Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangles die, assorted buttons

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

8 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Both are gorgeous Lin, fab paper piecing xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very sweet cards! Plaid is so much fun!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards as always Lin! both of them are so pretty and I love how you used the plaid papers and layered the butterflies, absolutely stunning! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Lin - just love your layered butterflies and the flowers with buttons!!

Stephanie said...

Two gorgeous cards, Lin! I love the button flowers and the butterflies :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

kiwimeskreations said...

What stunning cards Lin - love the top one with the layered butterflies - I can truly say you inspire me!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Perfect plaids Lin. A challenge perfect for you with your love of plaids and ginghams. Both of these cards are so pretty.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Every time I see one of your floral cards, I get so much inspiration. I love the fussy cutting and layering and those buttons really do the job. Your butterflies are also something I need to try now. When I click on the product you have used to make your flowers, I always think to myself "I would not have imagined using that stamp like she did"........you are so creative, Lin.