Saturday, July 8, 2017

Painted Flowers

I'm sharing 2 cards using the same sketch and supplies today.  A friend asked me to make a special card for a friend of his, and I liked how it turned out so much that I had to make another one, adding gingham to the mix.  Here's that one first:


supplies: white cardstock, gingham from Simple Stories Wood & Gingham Basics 12" pad, Altenew Painted Flowers, Altenew Puffy Heart and Purple Wine from Rose Petal mini set, Warm Sunshine  and Sunkissed inks, Hero Arts Green Hills and Grass inks, sentiment from (retired) Simon/Mama Elephant Summer Garden, Winnie & Walter Noelle scalloped cutaway, Simon Stitched Circle die, adhesive foam squares, Tonic Detail Scissors

I bought the big Wood & Gingham paper pad for the wood planking papers, which I will use as my backgrounds for taking pictures, but the ginghams in it are a lovely bonus!

And here's the first card, with a matching envelope:


supplies: white and lavendar cardstock, Altenew Painted Flowers, Altenew Lavender Fields and Deep Iris from Shades of Purple mini set, Warm Sunshine  and Sunkissed inks, Hero Arts Green Hills and Grass inks, same dies and sentiment as above, lavendar and yellow pearls

These Painted Flowers were the first Altenew set I bought, and I love and use it just as much now years later!  They are easy to line up the layers, and easy to cut out by hand, which I almost always do, but they have matching dies, for those of you who prefer them.

Hope these brighten your day!  Have a great weekend!  

11 comments:

Betty said...

those painted flowers are one of my all time favorite stamp sets also - two lovely cards - and love the wood plank papers for photo backgrounds!

Barbara said...

These are lovely. I just finished two card this week using the painted flowers set. Love it, too!

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Lin - I do love how you have used the gingham paper, but both cards are pretty - those stamps are lovely, and a simple outline to fussy cut around too..
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

two simply beautiful cards Lin. Those painted roses are so pretty.

CherylQuilts said...

Lin, I never tire of seeing these flowers, and I love both of these cards! Beautiful with the gingham, and I love the second with the scalloped frame...stunning with the matching envelope as well! What great colors...I like them and may have to check them out!! Hugs! xoxo

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Lin, both cards are so pretty but I really love the pink one with the gingham background. I bought these Painted Flowers after seeing how wonderful they look on your cards. I'm a huge fan of all your floral cards!

Susi said...

These are both lovely cards - the matching envelope is a nice touch!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with the painted flowers, Lin! Especially love the pink gingham!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful cards! Love the color combos.

Cat Craig said...

Love them both Lin. And the gingham is my favorite! I have to remind myself to use those stamps.

Uroo Creations said...

these are so lovely and specially love the painted rose...

Hugs, UrooCreations