Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Simon Says..........Seeing Stars

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our theme this week is "Seeing Stars" and my teamies and I are playing with My Favorite Things goodies!  For my first card today, I used their star quilt die and some mini star-patterned papers:


supplies: white cardstock, My Favorite Things Lucky Prints (star patterns), Quilt Square Cover-up, Let's Get Cozy sentiment, Altenew Warm Sunshine, Hero Arts Cornflower, BubbleGum, and Green Hills inks, mini MISTItiny buttons, Stick It

I've done this star quilt before, but never in pastels.  I also used a sheet of Stick It, and it was so much easier to do my paper-piecing that way!  I decided to continue the pastel theme in my sentiment by stamping in different colors, with the help of some masking and my Misti

For my next card I'm sharing the birthday card I made for our oldest grandson earlier this year.  I'm CASEing a design by Yoonsun - loved her idea!



supplies: white cardstock and Bristol paper, My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, Hero Arts Lower-Case alphabet dies, Simon's Birthday Bits sentiment, stitched star dies, Fossilized Amber and Broken China Distress Oxide inks, a puffy star sticker, Scrapbook Adhesive foam squares

I started by smooshing my distress oxide inks onto my craft sheet and spritzing them liberally with water, then I dragged my bristol paper through each one separately, drying each color before moving on.  I also wet a paint brush and flicked on some splatters before I finished.  After drying, that panel was die-cut with the Wonky Stitched rectangle.  Next I die-cut some stars from that panel, and then added my stamped and die-cut sentiment.  The panel was then popped above my white card base, and I popped up the stars, along with a puffy sticker to dot the "i".

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

14 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) both of them are fabulous! Love the quilt design of the first with the coloured sentiment stamping and the 2nd card is awesome! Love the background and I am sure Liam loved it too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the way you used the Quilt Square Coverup Pattern die. Liked it so much I have put it in my cart and since I was winner at last ch Use Plaid I'll bee buying it from Simon Shop.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Stephanie said...

Both cards are so gorgeous, Lin! I love the paper piecing on the quilt card and the bold splashes of color on the Birthday card : )

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I love what you've done with the star quilt die......every time I go to buy it, it's sold out so it's very popular and will be so even more after people see you card and what you've done with it. The colors are so pretty.

Lisa Elton said...

Your quilt card is perfectly charming Lin. The card for your grandson's birthday is so cool!! Bet he loved it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab cards, Lin! Just love the quilt in pastels!! And what a perfect card for Liam!!

Leslie Miller said...

So many pretty cards since I last stopped by! You're very good, have a keen eye for design, and you take fabulous pictures so we can truly see just how beautiful your cards really are.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your birthday card - fabulously personalised!! THat quilt card is a beauty - love how you have all the stars in the patterned paper lined up perfectly!! The quilter in you showing up?
Blessings
Maxine

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! I love the quilted star and your distressed oxide background looks wonderful xx

Dawn T said...

Great Star cards Lin. The quilt star is simply stunning.

Carol L said...

Your quilt card has stolen my heart completely! I love the colors, the pattern and those teeny weeny little buttons in the center! Gorgeous!!

A. Rose said...

My kind of star...quilts!!! Reminds me of a 1930s style! Very neat and clean!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, you know I love quilts, and I saw this while I was in the middle of making a card. I had some DP scraps left over, and I thought...I know what I could do with these (smiling). Beautifully done, and I also love the one for Liam...he's going to love it! I've so enjoyed seeing the Oxide inks use and need to play more with mine. Hugs!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful cards Lin, your quilt is perfectly fun and your Liam card is a great card for a male.