Friday, July 7, 2017

Two Step Stencils!!

It's time for my card for Tammy's Creative Team Friday post, and today I'm thrilled to be showing you one of her NEW 2-step stencils, made by StencilGirl!


supplies:  white, Audrey Blue, Green Apple, and Green Leaf card stock, Tammy's Petite Greens stencils and lucky clover, twisted citron, and mowed lawn distress inks, Simon's Stitched Rectangle die, 3-dot stamp from Simon's Flowers on my Mind, Winnie & Walter Happy cutaway, Memory Box (retired) Perched Reed Bird, Hero Arts (retired) Essential Messages

These new stencils are designed to be used in 2 steps and they are SO much fun and easy to use!

I chose 3 green distress inks and applied them first through the fern stencil, then through the accompanying leaf stencil.  That panel was trimmed with a stitched rectangle, framed with a green cardstock, and affixed to my white card base.  I stamped  little dots in the white spaces using the same inks.  The Happy cutaway was cut from 2 green cardstocks and glued together, offsetting the light one just slightly from the darker one below it.  The bird was cut and then sponged with more of the lucky clover ink for definition, and I used mowed lawn to stamp my "birthday" panel.

In case you missed it, I used another of Tammy's stencils, a plaid duo, HERE.

I hope you'll hop on over to Tammy's blog to see what my DT sisters made this time!  Tammy's products are expanding in all directions, so I know there'll be a lovely variety to see there!


14 comments:

Betty said...

love this Lin - and love my favorite little bird perched there - those are really neat stencils - just might "need" one!

Greta said...

Great card & such fun stencils--have to check them out!

Greta said...

This is just beautiful, Lin--love the colors you used! Those are neat stencils--just checked them out!

Catherine said...

Oh my, Lin, your card is so pretty! I love the colors and design.

Cathie ♥

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, Lin! You make the sweetest cards. And you just use color so well. I love this fabulous CAS with the stenciled background. Big hugs!

adele holcomb said...

That is just so fresh and pretty!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Such an adorable card!

Becca Cruger said...

This is so fresh and springy!! Love all those shades of green!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet little bird with that awesome background, Lin!!

Cat Craig said...

Well that makes that random pattern effect much easier. Fabulous colors Lin.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors lIn, this is marvelous!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Lin - love the way you have the wee bird perching on the die cut Happy :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

a beautiful card Lin. I checked out the stencils... they look awesome

nancy dempsey said...

Beautiful card, great colors.