Friday, May 18, 2018

Beautiful Flowers

I received my Simon Says Stamp June Card Kit yesterday and couldn't wait to dive in and play!  I tried the gorgeous stamp set first.


supplies: white, black, and pink card stock, striped dp, Simon's Beautiful Flowers, markers to color

I stamped the floral on an A2 panel, colored it, then trimmed out the left side and layered it over the striped paper.  The sentiment is just one of many in this set - Simon has hit this one waaaaaay out of the ballpark!

One more, adding in the beautiful embossing folder in the kit:


supplies: white card stock, watercolor paper, vellum, Beautiful Flowers stamp set, Sizzix/Tim Holtz Botanical embossing folder, lemonade and worn lipstick distress inks and water, alcohol markers

I inked the "flat" side of the embossing folder with distress inks, then spritzed with water, and ran a piece of watercolorpaper through my cuttlebug.  (For anyone interested, my sandwich is the A plate, the loaded embossing folder, and the B plate.)  The sentiment was stamped on a strip of vellum and colored with the same markers I used for my flowers.  

I can't wait to try those dreamy design papers next!

Fly Me Away June 2018 Card Kit

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

amazing Lin. Just love the inked embossing folder one. It is stunning.

Cindy C. said...

These floral cards make me happy!! And the June kit is beautiful!

Arlene said...

WOW, one card bold and challenging, the other soft and feminine. Love them both. I really like the embossing. I never have tried that, another thing on my list to do. :)