Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Simon Says.........Animal Magic!

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


wed-newchallenge-header




We are excited to share that we have SIX new sisters debuting this week!  Please welcome Ankita, Karen, Kim, Marge, Mindy, and Misty!

This week our theme is Animal Magic, and the team is playing with Gina K products.

First up, a wreath of rainbow butterflies.


supplies: white card, dp from Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow striped dp, Gina K Wreath Builder stencil, and hearts from Wreath Builder stamp set, butterfly from Simon's Beautiful Day, picked raspberry, candied apple, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, lucky clover, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch, and wilted violet mini distress inks, sentiment from Simon's Watt's Up?, Sparkling Clear sequins, Tim Holtz Stamp Platform

I used the wreath builder stencil to stamp my butterflies and hearts in rainbow order into a wreath, adding some tiny dots as fillers. This wreath builder stencil, in conjunction with a stamp platform, makes it so easy to form a perfect wreath using all our smaller stamps - it is a must-have!

Next, another colorful design using the Bella Elephant stamp set.


supplies: white cardstock, various Doodlebug dps, Gina K Bella Elephant stamps, My Favorite Things Stitched Mini Scallop Square die

I wasn't in the mood to color, so I stamped Bella on a dotty grey paper, then found a sketch that I had saved on Pinterest and surrounded her with lots of bright papers.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift certificate 

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

17 comments:

Marge said...

Good morning, Lin! Wow, your wreath is so pretty! Love how you matched rainbow colored papet and ink colors. The second card is just adorable!!♡♡♡

Tracy Freeman said...

Lin I LOVE that first one, the rainbow butterflies are just perfect, and who can resist cutie Bella xxx

Lorraine A said...

2 beautiful cards Lin :-) I love the wreath of butterflies, so pretty and the sequins add such a beautiful touch of sparkle! Aww Bella, isn't she adorable! love her in polka dots ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

ankitag612 said...

Hi Lin! So happy to be on the same team as you! :) Such an honor! I love both the cards. I simply adore how you made the cute ellie Bella in polkas and the butterflies in a rainbow are such a pretty sight to the viewer! Nailed the challenge!

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Lin! I'm so excited to be on the Simon Says Stamp DT with you! Your cards are gorgeous! I love all the color and that rainbow butterfly card -- swoon!!!! ♥

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous rainbow, and such a cute lil elephant. Lovely cards Lin.

Kim Hamilton said...

That butterfly wreath is gorgeous and I simply love the polka dot elephant! so excited to be working with you on the SSS challenge design team :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! I love your stenciled wreath, it's so pretty & paper pieced spotty Bella is adorable xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the rainbow of butterflies on your first card! But that adorable polka dot ellie wins my heart tonight!

Misty Elam said...

I love them both, Lin. The beautiful rainbow goes perfectly with that sentiment. And that elephant is adorable. What a great layout. I always forget about sketches... I have tons of them pinned on Pinterest. I've admired your work for awhile now. Your cards always seem to pop up when I'm looking for inspiration. :) I'm really looking forward to being on the Simon Says design team with you. I can't wait to jump in with both feet!! I'm pretty bummed I couldn't join this week. I'm itching to craft!!

Dawn T said...

two beautiful cards Lin. Your butterfly rainbow wreath is great and love your little spotty elephant.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what beautiful cards Lin - love your rainbow wreath card - that is stunning, and your elephant one is a real sweetie.
Blessings
Maxine

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, I love the butterflies one and how you've used sequins on the bodies, fabulous idea! Cathy x

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW Lin - that rainbow of butterflies is amazing and your adorable eleophant card is just too cute! LOVE!!! I am so happy and honored to be on the same team as You! Lots of love, Karin

Stephanie said...

Oh my word, Lin!! The rainbow butterflies are GORGEOUS and the polka dot elephant totally tugged at my heartstrings.. so cute!! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful wreath, Lin, & I just love the sweet ellie!! Two great cards!!

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, your cards are stunning Lin, so bright and colourful ! x