Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Sending Sunshine - Simon's new release!


Simon is debuting a new release today, called Sending Sunshine!  There are almost 40 new stamps, dies, stencils, watercolor cards, and sequins - something for everyone to use this summer and beyond!

I was lucky enough to receive a large cling stamp called Bohemian Lace, and here's my first play with it.


supplies: white, cream and black card stock, Simon's new Bohemian Lace cling stamp, Best Mom Ever roses and leaves, and sentiment from Kind Flowers, VersaMark ink and white embossing powder, old paper distress ink, markers to color 

I started with a panel of cream card and white embossed the lace, offsetting it a bit, then sponged it with old paper distress ink to bring out the details.  My mind went to a vintage lace, which led me to pressed flowers, so I searched my Simon stamps, and added these sweet rosebuds, along with a small sentiment on black.  The cream panel was attached to a white card base to help bring out the embossed white details, which are quite delicate.

Be sure to visit THIS page to see all the new goodies!  My favorites are the Four Seasons stamps and dies set, the Flower Cluster die, the You Are My Sunshine die, and the Leafy Frame stencil.  What are yours?

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you'll visit again later this morning for my regular Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog post.   

3 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully crafted card Lin.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Lin, I absolutely LOVE how you've used this background stamp! It's stunning and sweetly elegant! If I hadn't seen this card, I would not have been so enticed...I am now! You are amazing, and what a beautiful pair of roses and such a lovely sentiment! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Thanks for enabling me! Hehe! Hugs! xoxo

Marge said...

Oh, Lin! Now that stamp is on my wishlist!! How beautiful it is. Love the soft elegant background with focal red point flowers and black sentiment on it. Well balanced, totally graceful mood.
Marge xx