Tuesday, May 1, 2018

....."One is Silver and the other Gold"........

I'm back with a couple more foiled cards.  This time I trimmed out  Gina K Design FoilMate panels and colored them first with distress inks before foiling.  The panels are not shiny, but there's something extremely smooth about them so that the inks sponge on beautifully.


supplies: Cornflower, Mint, and silver metallic and glitter card stock, Gina K Vibrant Vines Foil Mates panel, cracked pistachio, broken china, and blueprint sketch distress inks, Sparkling Silver foil, Tim Holtz Detailed Butterfly dies, Simon dream die

The bad thing about these cards is that they're impossible to photograph so that they look like the real thing.  This one uses all silver metallics, but you wouldn't know it from the picture.  You'll just have to take my word for it.   That Sparkling Silver foil is to die for!  It was included in a recent card kit, but I'll be getting a whole pack of it asap!  In real life it starts silver, but looks periwinkle in some lights.  I'm sure it will take on the hue of any other color it's put against...

Next up is a rose-gold card:


supplies: cream and rose gold metallic card stock, Gina K Designs Blooming Hearts Foil Mate panel,  carved pumpkin, picked raspberry, and mustard seed distress inks, Rose Gold foil, Spellbinder's Scalloped Heart die, Simon's Heart die, sentiment from Hero Arts With Sympathy, rose gold embossing powder

I again colored my panel before foiling it, then cut out the heart.  The die-cut sentiment was glued to the panel over the "hole" and after stamping and gold embossing the rest of the sentiment on the card base, the foiled panel was popped above it.

Thanks for stopping by - I'll see you again tomorrow, I hope, for a Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge post.  

8 comments:

Julia Sandvoss said...

Hi Lin! These are absolutely beautiful! Would love to be able to share one in our Therm O Web newsletter if you would give us permission to do so?

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous stuff Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous foiled cards, Lin - so great in both the silver & gold but I especially love the butterfly one!!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, these are gorgeous Lin!!

Dawn T said...

stunning Lin. Your foiled cards are perfect

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lin these are exquisite -love how you have used the products
Blessings
Maxine

Colleen said...

I love these foiled cards! I'm thinking I may have to get some for myself! Beautiful results.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Lin. Kuddos to you for trying something new! I'm still trying to decide if I want to get into distress oxides or not.