Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Simon Says..........Stencil It!

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

wed-newchallenge-header



Our theme this week is Stencil It! and we're playing with our own Simon Says Stamp products!  I've really grown to enjoy using stencils, so I can't wait to see what you do for this challenge!


supplies: white, turquoise, and Doll Pink card, Simon's Diamond Circles stencil, inked with picked raspberry, mermaid lagoon, and mowed lawn distress ink and finger daubers, one of the Stitching Butterflies dies, Simon's Stitched Rectangles dies to make turquoise inner frame, Sparkling Clear sequins

I got this stencil because I wanted to use it to make quilt cards like this one.  The first thing I did was affix my stencil to white card and emboss it for dimension, then mask off the center area and apply my distress inks.  To finish I cut my inner frame and at that point I saw the green as butterflies in the design, so I added a Stitched Butterfly in the center to mimic them.  

Since this is such a bright card, I decided to use the same stencil and make a much more soft design, but still with a butterfly theme.



supplies: white card,Simon's Diamond Circles stencil, tumbled glass distress ink, Simon's Beautiful Day stamp set, Audrey Blue ink and mowed lawn distress ink

After applying the stenciled background, I separately stamped and sponged the butterfly and leaf sprig, cut them out and added them to the card, and stamped some small butterflies, along with the sentiment.  

I said I really like stencils, didn't I?  Here's one more card using my newest Simon stencil which feature - big surprise - more butterflies!!



supplies: white card stock, dp from Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow pad, Simon's Butterflies stencil, distress oxide inks (picked raspberry, carved pumpkin, lemonade, cracked pistachio and peacock feathers) and Nuvo Moonstone glimmer paste, Simon's Painted Hello die and sentiment from Wplus9 Hand Lettered Hello

I applied my oxide inks through the stencil and while it was still in place, did the same with Moonstone glimmer paste.  Love the sparkly results.  Then I used the same inks to color my hello die, and framed everything with a rainbow stripe paper.

Now it's your turn!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!


And have you seen our newest release, Sending Sunshine?  Be sure to visit HERE to see the amazing goodies! If you click HERE you can see how I used a brand new cling stamp from this release.

13 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

You have been busy Lin !! Love the quilt look of the Stencil, gorgeous effect x

Marge said...

Wow such fabulous cards you have showcased, Lin! Love the different designs and color palettes so much!
You've showed us how to use stencil in various ways! Thanks for the inspiration.
Marge xx

Karin Åkesdotter said...

AMAZING cards Lin!!!! Esp love how you used that stencil - and in two so different ways - the first looks almost 3 dimensional! So cool! Hugs!

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness Lin where do I start with so much loveliness in one post!
Your first card is so vibrant and striking & I love how you've embossed with the stencil. I love the delicate blues with the pretty butterflies on your second card & all the pretty glimmer paste on your third card looks gorgeous xx

CherylQuilts said...

These are gorgeous, Lin, but I especially love the first one because it looks like a quilt. Beautifully done, and you've sold me on that stencil! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Misty Elam said...

Beautiful cards, Lin!! I love what you did with that top card. I’ve never used a stencil to emboss before, it looks amazing. And those colors!! Very nice.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love what you did with the diamond circle stencil, Lin! Gorgeous cards!!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous collection of cards Lin. I love your color choices.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Lin. Love the butterflies.

ankitag612 said...

Oh my goodness Lin! You have the best cards for this week's challenge! I love the vibrancy of one and pastel-ness of another. Simply gorgeous! :D xx Ankita

Kim Hamilton said...

Lin these are gorgeous! Love those butterflies!

Stephanie said...

Wow!! What a gorgeous trio of cards, Lin! In the first I love the "stained glass" look to the background, in the second, I love the soft and subtle blend out of the blue, and in the last card that rainbow sparkle is GORGEOUS!!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous set of cards Lin! all 3 are stunners!! I love how you used the stencil to emboss on the first one and the 2nd one is so delicate and pretty. The sparkle on the 3rd is amazing and I love that you used different colours :-)

luv
Lols x x x