Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Simon Says.........Anything Goes

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

wed-newchallenge-header



Our theme this week is our ever-popular Anything Goes, and my talented teamies and I are showcasing Doodlebug products!  Doodlebug makes fantastic 6" square paper pads, with small-scale patterns perfect for our cards, and I determined that I'd use ONLY Doodlebug papers for my cards today.

Here in the US we think of the beginning of summer as Memorial Day, so both of my cards today are summer-themed.


supplies: white card base, Doodlebug Sweet Summer 6" paper pad, Simon's Scallop Stitches die, natural twine and pink dotty button, adhesive foam squares

I found a sketch that I followed for this card.  Most of the latest Doodlebug paper pads have a couple of designs on the reverse that are little scenes or vignettes, and some that have various stripes, in this case the summertime stripe.  I chose this adorable beach scene and then pulled all papers from the same pad that coordinated with it. 

Here's a closer look at the little vignette - I love the rainbow spokes on the adirondack chair, and pulled them down into the lowest panel!


Summer means bike riding, so when I saw this bicycle in one of my many Doodlebug paper pads, I cut it out and put it against some strips of summery-colored Doodlebug patterned papers. 


supplies: white card base, various 6" Doodlebug paper pads, sentiment pieced from Simon's Beautiful Ride sentiments, zig-zag and scalloped rectangle die from (retired) MFT Blueprints 20 die set, adhesive foam strips and squares

I thought the wheels were the perfect place to add a sentiment!  And I love the effect the zig-zag stitch die gives between the paper strips - the one I used is retired, but MFT brought it out in another set HERE.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift certificate 

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

14 comments:

Marge said...

Oh my! Lin...! I couldn't wait to write a comment to you at the first time I saw your this card in draft. I also played with Hello Summer set so I know how clever you are to mix up various patterns papers in such great way you've shared today. I simply couldn't close my mouth! This is so pretty and it seems like the papers were designed to be showcased by you. And your second card is more amazing! Now I'll need to do some research on how to mix and match colors and papers like you do :)
Thanks for great inspiration,Lin!
Hugs♡

ankitag612 said...

Hi Lin! Such a pretty card. It reminds me of Mauritius and when I went holidaying there. Perfect beach scene on this card with the patterned papers and stamp. Very creative and thoughtful use of paper! xx Ankita

Tracy Freeman said...

Lin that second card is amazing I love it and the first one just makes me wish I was on holiday xx

Mandy said...

Three gorgeous cards Lin! I love how you have only used design paper only & no stamped image. They are all so pretty and colourful but I especially love the background on the bicycle card, it's so creative xx

Lucille K said...

Love your colorful, summer card Lin :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great combo of papers, Lin! So bright & summery!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what fun cards Lin - especially as we are in the midst of a series of frosts!! That adirondak chair back is such a great feature to mimic with the papers
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

fabulous cards Lin. Just so summery

Jo Nevill said...

Perfect scene and one we all long for ! Gorgeous rainbow of colours x

Kim Hamilton said...

I just love your use of pattern paper Lin! These are beautiful!

Greta said...

Summer personified with that first card, Lin--love it! The background for the cute bicycle is fabulous!

Misty Elam said...

You make using patterned paper look so easy!! These are fabulous!! I love the layout.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are so super sweet! LOVE them Lin!!!!

Debbie said...

I love Doodlebug paper and your projects are so cute. Thanks for the inspiration.