Friday, May 11, 2018

Gingham Hugs

Here's a CASE of one of my favorite cards.  This time I used die-cuts instead of stamped elements, and gingham design paper instead of washi tape and more summery colors.  Coincidentally it uses the same colors as my card for this week's Simon Wednesday challenge, but is much more feminine!


supplies: white card, dps from Doodlebug's Gingham/Linen paper pad, Simon's Flower Friend sentiment, Lil Inker Perky Posies, Wplus9 Folk Art Florals leaves, Doodlebug sprinkles

I used the reverse of the ginghams to cut my flowers and leaves.

Here's the original, from 2014:


Which do you prefer?

Thanks for stopping by - have a  beautiful weekend!

8 comments:

Betty said...

both are so pretty, Lin - I actually like the original better because there is more white space - but that's just me.

adele holcomb said...

Those are both so pretty, Darnell...I'm partial to the die cuts and patterned paper though!

kiwimeskreations said...

Two very pretty cards Lin, but I think I prefer the new one :)
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

They remind me of spring and fall. Love them both.

Lynne said...

I like the first card with the 2nd card's flowers

Dawn T said...

beautiful take on your first card. Love the textured card you used for your flowers. A really pretty design.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I remember that yummy 2014 card, Lin - such fun colors! That one is my fave but I love all the die cuts and gingham on the new version!

Marge said...

These are so beautiful, Lin. Love the cross frames you created using pattern papers, which are perfect for flowers.