Monday, May 21, 2018

Hummingbirds for Mom

My Mom loves hummingbirds, so when I saw Pretty Pink Posh's adorable set of them, it was a given that they would come home to live with me.  Here's my first stamping of them.


supplies: white and peacock glitter card stock, Bristol paper, PPP Hummingbird Thanks and Simon's Beautiful Day sentiment, MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle die, Zig markers in greens and turquoises, glue pen and glitter

What I remember especially about the hummingbirds I've seen is the splash of iridescence on them, so I added a little glitter to their bodies with the help of a glue pen, and carried it outwards with the glitter card framing.

Next I used my Mom's favorite jewel colors and stamped all 3 of the hummers:


supplies: white, black, and Doll Pink card stock, Bristol paper, Hummingbird Thanks, Simon's Everything Together sentiment, Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangle die, Zig markers in pinks, violets, turquoise, glue pen and glitter

This time I covered the entire bird with glitter.

I've already seen these colored in some really beautiful combinations, so I'm going to have lots of fun with these!

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling hummingbirds, Lin, and I love how you colored them! The sparkle adds the perfect touch too - your Mom will love these!!

Cat Craig said...

They are so sweet, these cards and you've colored the birds beautifully. They are sitting in my stash too just waiting to play.

Dawn T said...

so pretty Lin. I love these hummingbirds.