Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Love & Hugs

I so enjoyed making my last card with the Fantasy Florals dies that I decided to do another.


supplies: white, rose, red, and Green Leaf card, MFT Plaid Patterns Merry & Bright dp, Fantasy Floral dies, sentiment from Simon's Beautiful Flowers, adhesive foam strips to separate layers

These colors approximate the colors of the peonies in our gardens, and I thought the background plaid worked well with them, giving a kind of trellis effect, too.  When I first got these dies, I envisioned them cut from 3 shades of the same color, but I'm happy to see they look just as pretty in one shade, with the layers popped above each other.

Back to reality, hope your week is a lovely one!

10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy trio of blossoms on that plaid, Lin! I agree - those die cuts look amazing layered with a single color!!

Betty said...

this is so pretty Lin with the plaid background - haven't made any of these flowers in just one color - am going to have to give this a go!

Migdalia said...

A beautiful card! Love the pretty flowers.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M


Mary Jo Stew said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors and the plaid background.

Barbara said...

I love this die set and am always on the lookout for beautiful ways to use it. Thanks for the ideas and inspiration. :)

Marge said...

Hi, Lin! I love the three diecut flowers in this card too. Just graceful! You have such an amazing eye on patterns .
Marge

kiwimeskreations said...

Simply beautiful Lin - love the monotone stacked die cuts to form the flowers.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Love the plaid background. The roses really pop against it.

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous!

Greta said...

I've been wanting to use those dies with the same color for both layers & you've inspired me to actually do it! Beautiful card, Lin!