Monday, May 21, 2018

Sweet and Simple

I have a fondness for certain flowers, many of which I associate with my childhood or home.  Lilies of the valley are one of them.  So when I saw this sweet little stamp set, I had to get it.  Here's it's first stamping.


supplies: Cotton Candy and Green Apple card stock, Bristol paper, Newton's Nook Little Lilies stamp set, colored with markers, Winnie & Walter Noelle scalloped die, Taylored Expressions Garden Party embossing folder

It amazes me that these tiny blossoms can release such a sweet scent, but it's one of my favorites.  I associate this flower with Mother's Day, as they are usually in bloom by then for little hands to collect a sweet bouquet.  And there are pale pink ones, pretty rare, I think; I've only seen them once, on a grave in Erie, PA.  Because the stamped panel was so simple, I decided to emboss my card front for a little more interest.

Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card, Lin. Your coloring is fabulous.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Gorgeous card! My mom was able to get her hands on a few pips of the pink ones and I am hoping they take off so maybe I can get some divisions of them one day!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

My lilies of the valley are blooming finally - they are so sweet and fragrant. Just love yours, Lin! Perfect with the embossed background!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Lin, your colouring is perfect.

Cindy C. said...

It's so pretty Lin! I've got some Lilies of the Valley in my garden too.