Sunday, May 27, 2018

Peony Prayers

My peonies are finally opening this weekend!  We have 3 colors, all old-fashioned varieties that were divisions of our neighbors, a white, a pale pink, and a rose pink.  The whites are generally the first to open.  Here's a card inspired by them - they have just a touch of dark pink color splashed inside.


supplies: white and Green Leaf card stock, grey grid from Sunny Studios Classic Gingham pad, Altenew Fantasy Floral dies, a touch of picked raspberry distress ink, Hero Arts Prayers die, adhesive strips to separate layers


My Mom puts these on our family's graves on Memorial Day, so I have always associated them with this holiday.  

10 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty Lin - my peonies are all blooming this week - funny story to go along with your post - a friend asked me to make a birthday card - i put roses on it and she brought it back and asked to make something else 'cause roses reminded her of going to the cemetery with her mom to put roses on her grandparents grave.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Lin - I love Peonies but we are barely cold enough for them here - I have had them flower once, then we moved and I forgot to lift the plants, and the new owners of the house dug them in... :-(
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

totally stunning Lin. I would never have thought to keep the rose all white with just the touch of pink in the middle.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

This is gorgeous Lin ... that touch of pink makes it so soft.

Donna said...

Such a pretty card, Lin. 💕

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous with that touch of pink at the center.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty peony, Lin, and I love it on the grey panel!

Marge said...

Oh this is divine, Lin! Love your colors and layout, especially the rose pink in the center!♡♡ You've made simply gorgeous card with diecuts. Thanks for inspiration, Lin.
Have a lovely day :)

Marge

Pat McG. said...

Love your card!! What set of rectangle dies did you use to cut out the gray grid piece?

Lin said...

Thank you, Pat. That is the largest of the My Favorite Things Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangles.