Saturday, March 27, 2021

CASE-ing Dawn

Here's a card I CASEd from my friend Dawn's blog.

 I loved everything about this 2nd card of Dawn's, and pinned it the instant I saw it.  Our son has a birthday this month, and when I was playing with the largest bloom from my new Lovely Blossoms stamps, a bell went off and I used Dawn's card as inspiration for this one. 


supplies: white, black, and sage green cardstock, MFT plaid patterned paper, The Greetery Lovely Blossoms, Altenew Deep Blue Seas and Green Valley mini ink cubes, adhesive foam to lift flower

I loved Dawn's sketch, and especially matting everything in black.  Along with the plaid, I thought this made my card a bit more masculine despite it's large floral.  

Can you believe our oldest will be 46 this year?!!  We can't! 

4 comments:

Diane said...

Beautifully created and love the plaid and black behind the flower, you have enabled me more then once to purchase 'supplies' thanks I guess LOL...my oldest son will be 49 in December, where does the time go!!

mamawcindy said...

Love your card. Pretty flower stamp. The blue colors are perfect.

Dawn T said...

It's beautiful and I love how you were inspired by my card. This is perfect for a male with the plaid. Happy Birthday to your son... my eldest will be 35 come May. Time sure flies by

Lisa Elton said...

The thin black matting and the plaid are the perfect masculine accents to that wonderful flower. Happy 46th to your son!