Monday, March 15, 2021

Inspired by my Socks????

 I'm always on the lookout for interesting color combinations, and this latest one came from a pair of my socks!


supplies: Simon Doll Pink, Smoke Grey and white cardstock, Concord & 9th (retired?) Blooms Turnabout set, black, Baby Pink, Fuschia, and VersaMark inks, white embossing powder, Simon sentiment from Spring Windows, Hero Arts Nesting Rectangle and Nesting Circle dies

A little tip: if you're planning to emboss one of the layers, do it first.  I tried doing it last and the white powder stuck to everything, even after heating the first 3 layers beforehand.

I don't think I'd have come up with this color combo on my own.  Do you have an interesting one you can share?

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Cindy C. said...

I love how it turned out! Haha I should check my socks too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great color combo and I love the turnaround stamp with the circle sentiment atop, Lin!! Of course, we want to see the inspiration socks :)

Dawn T said...

Isn't amazing where we find inspiration. Love this card.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm convinced that any card that begins with Smoke Gray cardstock is going to be extraordinary - YOU have just proven my theory!
Yep... extraordinary!!
=]