Thursday, March 11, 2021

Two Challenges

 I recently treated myself to a set of Altenew layering dies, and have been playing with them since they arrived a few days ago.  I love the details and the ease of constructing these, and now that I have some of the Memory Box solid paper pads, I made lots of different colors of them.  Today I'm entering 2 challenges using these dies.


suppplies: white, kraft, 3 purple shades from the Memory Box Ocean Blue pad, Simon Green Apple and Green Leaf, a darker green and a bright yellow cardstock, Altenew Climber Flowers dies, Tim Holtz Lumber embossing folder, swiped with a brown distress ink, sentiment from Paper Smooches Fab Frames die set

I love how the purples look against the "paper bag" kraft background! Between the embossing and the layers, this one is loaded with texture!

I'm entering this into The Flower Challenge Shades of Purple challenge.


Next is a card using a pink version of these flowers.


supplies: navy, white, 3 shades from the Memory Box Berry Red and Lush Green paper pads, Altenew Climber Flowers dies, Impression Obsession Ornate Oval Doily die, sentiment from Hero Arts Sending Love Mail, stamped in Azurite ink.

I'm entering this one in Altenew's March Inspiration challenge.



These flowers are a perfect size, so that you can use just 1 arrangement, or a grouping of them.  Altenew continues to give us beautiful florals, something for everyone!

Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful Lin. The colors you chose for the die layers are perfect.

Cindy C. said...

Wow both so gorgeous!!

Aileen said...

Wow Lin another two beautiful cards, love that wood look behind the first card, I think my favourite of the three I have seen. Wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Lisa Elton said...

You've put those new dies to good use! These are lovely!

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Lin. Love them both.

I Card Everyone said...

So beautiful, Lin!!! LOve the colors you've chosen - and this one just landed on my wish-list!
=]

Diane said...

These are stunning and have put the die on my 'wish' list. Have you tried the Sizzix Colorize dies yet? I just ordered one today and your card reminds me of them, so many new things to buy aren't there? Can't wait to see what you do with the Daisy stencils, I was looking at Pinterest and several great ideas there, and I just ordered a new set of the layering stencils today, I need to be married to a millionaire HAH! Thank you for the nice comment on my Daisy Wreath!

Cardsncraftsnyc said...

Beautiful card Lin. The layering die is beautiful and you’ve created such a beautiful floral cluster. The background is perfect. Thank you for participating at The Flower Challenge. -DT Jyoti

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous cards with that Altenew die set, Lin!! Just love the cluster atop the lumber background and the oval doily looks amazing too!!