Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Simon Says........Spring/Easter Mood Board Inspiration



It's  Wednesday - time for a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


 

This week we have a lovely Spring/Easter Mood Board to inspire your creations!


And the team is featuring Lawn Fawn products!  I fell in love with their Magic Iris Birdhouse Add-on dies, and was inspired by the pastels in our inspiration.  




I used some wood plank patterned paper to cut out my birdhouse, giving it pale green trim.  Then I added some of the flower and leafy sprig dies.  I decided on yellow birds and gave them a little more definition with mustard seed distress ink.  I tried this against different backgrounds, but in the end went with a stencilled cloudy one, using my new speckled egg oxide ink.  Though there is a post die for the birdhouse, I added a piece of white string to hang it this time.  I pasted down the sentiment circle, then popped the birdhouse above it with some adhesive foam squares for some dimension

Now it's your turn!  We have a $25.00 gift certificate 


to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!  I can't wait to see what you all make this week!

4 comments:

Cindy C. said...

So sweet!!

Betty said...

darling card, Lin - love it!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute birdhouse and those yellow bird are delightful! Adorable card, Lin!

Dawn T said...

What a superb birdhouse. It's a great die and you have made a stunning card of it.