Sunday, August 7, 2022

A Mix of New Things

 Today's card is a real mix of some new-for-me items that just recently came to live with me.  


supplies: white and Surf Blue cardstock, Simon's Picnic Floral embossing folder, Pink Fresh Studio Ornate Oval Frame, Sending Phrase Builder dies, Joyful Bouquet stamps and matching die, markers to color

I played a few days ago with the largest floral from the Joyful Bouquet set, but there are also 6 little sprigs in that set that can be colored.  Today I did just that, coloring them in warm tones, then adding 2 of them to this pretty frame and putting everything over a floral embossing folder.  The scale works well, and I like the blue mixed with the warm colors.

I think this works for the current Pink Fresh August Challenge, so I'll try my luck there!  It is called Beautiful Backgrounds.

Hope you're enjoying your Sunday, many thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty sprigs to accent the blue frame and I love the embossed background too, Lin!!

Dawn T said...

such a sweet card Lin. Love the soft blue of the frame against that gorgeous texture of the embossing folder. And those little floral elements are lovely