Saturday, August 27, 2022

Minted Florals

 Here's another play with another of Simon Says Stamps' 3D embossing folders, this one from their September Card Kit.  This time I thought I'd see what happens when you emboss a printed paper.


supplies: white and a pink metallic cardstock, Simon's Minted Florals 3D embossing folder, Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes Rainbow paper pad, Big Scripty Hugs die, old Hero Arts pink gems, adhesive foam square

It works!  As long as the paper is fairly thick.  So after embossing I lightly sanded to bring out the details. (this printed paper was 1-sided with white on the reverse).  Then I ran a scrap of white cardstock through the same folder and fussy-cut this 1 flower to pop above itself on the card.  I used markers to color it first.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

the Lawn Fawn paper is terrific- one of my favorites, but I never thought to use it this way. thanks for the idea!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, and what a great technique! Cathy x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous result Lin, and a gorgeous card. Love that layered flower!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Lin. I love embossing on different coloured card - particularly metallics. Gives such a different look. Your card looks amazing.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous ombre look using that patterned paper, Lin - love it!!